You are here
How efficiently and effectively can you comply with evolving PCN obligations?
Under the Regulation on Classification, Labeling and Packaging of substances and mixtures (CLP), companies placing hazardous chemical mixtures such as detergents, paints, coatings, solvents, etc. on the market in Europe are required to provide notifications of the hazards of their products to enable poison centers to provide more effective emergency health response.
Per Annex VIII to the CLP Regulation, importers and downstream users must:
- Prepare and assign a 16 character Unique Formula Identifier (UFI) for each mixture formulation that are hazardous to human health or have physical hazards
- Notify all mixtures placed on the market that are classified for human health or physical hazards
- Include the UFI on the product label and/or Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Submit a substantial amount of product information electronically to ECHA via PCN Portal or directly to Member States’ appointed bodies
Streamline poison centre notification processes
Verisk 3E is proud to offer industry leading poison centre notification (PCN) solutions that enable your team to:
- Better understand the impact of the regulation on your business
- Comply with complex and changing PCN obligations
- Eliminate the need to manually input the extensive product, submitter, composition, classification, toxicological, labeling, UFI and other data points required
- Optimize the processes required to communicate the hazards of your products
- Help you improve emergency response
Our team of PCN experts has worked closely with ECHA to develop the solutions you need. Check out our video blog series on Poison Centre Notifications.
Automate poison centre notifications using 3E Generate
Our cloud-based 3E Notify™ for Poison Centres – 3E Generate application automates UFI generation, dossier compilation and notification submission, dramatically reducing the amount of manual work required to notify poison centres throughout Europe. Simply upload your data from your 3E Generate™ SDS and label authoring platform, review the submission information on 3E Notify and submit. You can either download your dossier to submit the information to a local authority manually or submit it directly to the ECHA PCN portal.
Optimize your SAP platform for PCN compliance
3E Notify™ for Poison Centres – SAP plugs in to your SAP® EHS or S/4HANA® for product compliance platform to deliver an end-to-end PCN solution, automating UFI generation, dossier compilation and notification submission. 3E Notify is a cloud-based notification engine that extracts the required data from the SAP Specification Database and maps it to the ECHA PCN format. UFIs can be generated and populated back in SAP. The intuitive, user friendly interface enables you to quickly review the submission data for accuracy and add required information. Built-in validation rules provide intelligence and facilitate the submission workflow.
Expert PCN Services
Our roster of PCN experts can serve as an extension of your product compliance team. Call on our PCN team to tailor a solution for you, which can include:
- Advise on PCN requirements and how they impact your company
- Create a UFI strategy for product and market variations
- Obtain and organize the data required for notification including legal entity, packaging, distribution and product information (full composition, Mixture in Mixture)
- Prepare and submit your PCN dossier to ECHA
- Include UFIs on SDSs and product labels
- Keep SDSs and PCN dossiers in synch and up to date